I went to university for 6 hours – and then quit. Instead I started my own business. That was over 20 years ago.
It was a couple of businesses I helped launch and manage about 6 years ago that recently sold (for a significant amount) that have led me to semi-retirement.
Those businesses had an office in Melbourne and Hong Kong with manufacturing in China, all within 4 years. They were all top ranking on Google for their chosen keywords within 2 years, with tens of thousands of customers with a 7 figure turnover.
I’m now looking for a less-stressful lifestyle, consulting with enthusiastic businesses to build their brand, implement the right processes, and connect with the right people.
Before my consulting work, I had been involved in all sorts of enterprises in a range of countries:
- corporate video production (with 1 year in New York)
- TV production (various countries), and locally for Channel 10, 9, 7, SBS
- printing, manufacturing, importing (with 1 year in Shenzhen, China)
- worked for The Walt Disney Company, Apple, YMCA, Toyota, Anthony Robbins, Australian Defence Force
- lived in London, Indonesia, China, New York, Thailand
As a consultant, I bring the above experience and skills to your business. I’ve employed many people over the years, in Australia and overseas so I know what employers want.
My areas of expertise:
- business development, brand consulting, lead generation
- database development, systems development
- marketing strategy – broadcast, online, social media, event marketing, PR
- website creation, smartphone app development
- user experience design, conversion rate optimisation, multi-variate testing
- video & TV production, filming, editing, sound
- graphic design, photography
- trademarks, consumer law, corporations law
- foreign trade, foreign outsourcing, import / export
- accounting, payroll, taxation (foreign and local)
- large format printing, colour management
- forex trading, statistical analysis
These aren’t areas that I sort of know about; these are skills I’ve spent decades building and have an in-depth understanding of.
The list of technical skills I’ve built up over the last 20 years:
- PHP, JS, Mysql, Wordpress
- Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- FileMaker Pro, OS X
- Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook PPC
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Again, these aren’t technical skills that I’ve just dabbled in; these are skills of which I am highly adept.
So I’m not just a IT nerd with an eye for detail, but a creative thinker, people person, and a big-picture planner as well. Given my very hands-on approach over the years, I have all the skills needed to build a small business into a passive income.
Over the years I’ve built a team of foreign contractors that I can call on for work such as content writing, graphic design, coding, etc. Using my team helps keeps project costs down without the tiresome process of finding, hiring (and often firing) overseas contractors yourself.
Want to know what I’ve achieved? View my folio and search for anything you like: